Senior Software Engineer
Who We Are
Peridot Systems is an innovative, culture-driven technology consulting firm. Our specialty is closing the gap between business strategy and end-to-end technology solutions. Our clients view Peridot Systems as a trusted advisor and partner who can help them select the best technology for the job, manage and execute a first-rate implementation, and measure project success by achieving business outcomes.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Software Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing software solutions by studying information/business needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determining operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documenting and demonstrating solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Preparing and installing solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improving operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Updating job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities, and reading professional publications.
- Making informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale.
- Training, mentoring, and guiding junior and mid-level engineers.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field.
- 10+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Experience with object-oriented languages and programming.
- Experience building and delivering successful complex web systems.
- You have the ability to lead a project from scoping requirements through development, testing, delivery, and launch.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate with users, technical teams, and management.
- Well-versed in software engineering best practices for the full SDLC, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build process, testing, and operations.
- You are a technologist with a passion for cloud technology and enabling customer success.
- You have strong experience with IT operations and consulting.
- You are motivated about consulting with a variety of customers, helping them achieve their technology goals, leading discussions, and presentations in front of an audience.
- You are collaborative in nature and enjoy working closely with customers and colleagues, understanding challenges, and building technical solutions together.
- You are a detail-oriented, enthusiastic learner with the ability to work well as part of a team.
- You enjoy problem-solving and workflow challenges.
- You have excellent communications skill, whether that be in-person, over-the-phone, or email, with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- You’re a self-starter – you take the initiative and have the ability to multi-task.
- You’re willing to travel.
The Tech Stuff
- Experience with Cloud technologies. Certifications are a plus.
- Infrastructure as code experience with Terraform, Cloud Deployment Manager.
- Scripting experience with Python, BASH, PowerShell.
- Kubernetes (GKE) experience is a plus.
- Cloud Build, Cloud Functions, Pub/Sub experience is a plus.
If you ask any of our employees here at Peridot “what we love,” the top answer is always the same: our culture. Our employees are driven, innovative, fun-loving, and always willing to help. In addition to that, Peridot also offers some fantastic benefits:
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) savings plan, complete with a company match.
- Generous vacation policy.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Life and accident insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage.
- Flexible work-from-home policy.
- Flexible spending accounts for pre-tax healthcare and transit/parking expenses.
- Access to financial planning expertise.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We are not intent on being the largest company, but rather, the greatest. These are the words we live by. This means we welcomeall of the besttalent - regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion, and age.
Being open to all cultural backgrounds, life experiences, thoughts, and ideas strengthen company culture, encourages different-in-kind thinking, and promote economic success.